Thursday, July 26, 2012

Painting stars!

So today I thought I'd start painting some of the stars.  I started with the colors that I know are default and won't require matching to the picture. Like white, black, standard yellow, etc.

So here's the set up!



I started painting them where I would just hold the star in between my fingers but that got too tedious and messy.  I tried placing them in a small tin and painting them there and that didn't work out well either.  So, I stuck a pin into the end that would be glued to the board and then nestled the pin in some clay. That works!

(Oh look you can see my Derpy mod in the background)

 I ended up pulling another piece of clay out and now have two of these holder things. It still takes a while to paint the stars, but so far so good.

Here's what I got done today:

All the black stars are done (114) and a little less than half of the white (291).  I'm going to have to go to a Michael's soon and get some paints for the ones that have a lot of stars.

Also:


I started painting the trim on his shoes since I had some white paint left over on the paint palette.

That's about it for today.  I'll probably finish the white tomorrow and start on yellow.

Here's a list of all the colors and how much of each I need:

White- 291
Black- 114
Light Green (grass): 739
Dark Green (grass): 601
Yellow (hair):610
Light Yellow: 89
Tan: 1048
Light Brown: 260
Dark Brown: 39
Gray: 277
Pink: 62
Light Pink: 32
Peach: 17
Dark Peach: 82
Orange (vest): 448
Red (vest): 367
Yellow (vest): 69
Dark Orange: 36
Red(helmet): 440
Orange (helmet): 138
Gray (helmet): 60
Light gray (helmet): 47
Purple blue light (butterfly): 90
Light blue (butterfly): 77
Dark Purple (butterfly): 32
Dark green (butterfly): 10
Dark blue (arms and waist): 461
Lightest green (gem): 40
Medium green (gem): 27
Dark green (gem): 18
Dark blue (helmet): 214
Grayish blue (helmet): 106
Dark Red (helmet):11

No comments:

Post a Comment