Tuesday, July 24, 2012

It's Pit time!

Stars are complete!  I originally intended to make 7000 flat, but I ran out of shredded paper at 6,995 so I didn't bother.  It's still about 40 more stars than I actually need.  Next part to this project is the painting!

But uh, folding all those stars was a pain so I'm taking a break for a bit.  However..  I started working on the Pit pony! : D  So first, I worked on filling in the holes in the head where the hair was previously.  Rarity is there too for reference.  I went ahead and filled in all three.



While filling Celestia's head I noticed I still had some slight bits of hair left over, but it was nothing substantial.

 So then I started on actual Pit work!  First thing was his gauntlets!
Then his little thigh gold band thingermajiger.


After that I started working on his shoes.  Honestly, I should've finished the gauntlets first but...I didn't.  They need two bands each.

That's the start of the shoes he wears (they're sandals)  with the rope thing that goes around it.  Here's a pic from the front:
This was a pain to work with.  The strips of clay were as thin as I could feasibly get them and they were still pretty thick.  I had to thin down the area in the middle considerably otherwise the clay pieces would stick to each other.  Not easy either since the pony's legs are pretty darn close together to begin with.





Here's the shoes with the frill and the gauntlets now have the bands : D  The shoes are gauntlets are practically done minus the firing and paint.   Here's some more pics to show the details




Since the clay is put directly on the pony figure I can't fire it like a normal clay piece.  Instead I have to pull out a pot (I have one set aside for this)  and boil the clay pieces for about 15 minutes.  Here's the finished piece.  It's not rock hard, but it's hard enough that I won't mess any details up when I'm making the rest of it.

I might have to give it a light sand to get it smooth, but I'm quite content with the way it's turning out so far.


That's pretty much it for today's update!  Hopefully I'll have some more tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment