Sunday, February 2, 2014

Late Co-worker's secret santa present!

I did give her something that day but I JUST finished the other part of her present. But first, here's what I made her earlier!

Yoshi bathroom items!

The one on the left is a toothbrush holder and the right is a soap dispenser without the top.  This is how they looked AFTER I put them in the oven.  I used the technique with sharpies where you draw and then put them in the oven and the ink sticks. However, I used regular permanent marker not sharpie specifically.  Sooooo that may've been the problem.



 Here's what they looked like originally.  After taking them out of the oven I went back over them with the markers and just had them sprayed with a coat of gloss. Much nicer looking for sure.




The next item I made was a trashcan for her.  This was another marker project.  I traced the picture I wanted in black on paper and put it on the inside of the trashcan.  I traced over that and started coloring. Because of the way the green marker would release ink some areas would be darker than others.  So that's why I did the lines in the middle to give it a nicer look.  After I colored in all the colors I went back over it with black.


 And then I dotted it with all the others colors so it'd match with the other two items. 



I'm glad she liked them :D

No comments:

Post a Comment